Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Making things-Mikhail's Birthday

So here is the post I was getting to. We have been busy getting our tree, buying gifts for each other, visiting Santa, and baking in the last few days. We are ALMOST done!!! YAY

 I loved the shape of this mustard jar but not the labels so I decided to cover it with fairly thick jute that I bought from Wal-mart for $5. I have a ton of it left over for other projects too.

Here's the before...

 And after. I was just going to cover the glass but thought it would look a lot better with the lid done as well.
 Found this idea on Pinterest. How to make paper feathers. I love how you can bend them to the shape you want.
 Some decorated presents...
 a card, with one of my feathers... :)
 Made myself a Christmas Tree for my Studio in pink.
 I also made this bag for my daughter for school to carry her books. It is made from leftovers from the jeans I've had to hem.
 And a bag for dance for my other daughter...

 Bear is back, he got into our compost and demolished it. Guess we will be replacing that in the spring.

 We also celebrated my son's birthday. He turned five!


He had one candle burning after blowing his candles out so my daughters teased him about having a girlfriend, this was his reaction. :)


Happy Birthday to my little guy.


And Merry Christmas to you!
xo

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Tania! He's grown so much!!!

    Hope you are doing great and have a wonderful 2012 Dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative!!! I love what you did to the jar!

    ReplyDelete